A tool that I’ve found is really handy is a called the Cash Clock. It’s a simple program that measures both the time that you’re working on a piece as well as how much money you should be earning. You can adjust the hourly wage to whatever you feel is…
Monument Valley is Out Today!
Written by Elliott Finn
Remember that stunning, Escher-inspired puzzle game for iOS that you saw the trailer for a few months ago? Well, you can play it right now!
playing it right now and it’s fantastic and worth every penny
Urgent security update
Bad news. A major vulnerability, known as “Heartbleed,” has been disclosed for the technology that powers encryption across the majority of the internet. That includes Tumblr.
We have no evidence of any breach and, like most networks, our team took immediate action to fix the issue.
But this still means that the little lock icon (HTTPS) we all trusted to keep our passwords, personal emails, and credit cards safe, was actually making all that private information accessible to anyone who knew about the exploit.
[ bad advice snipped ]
You’ll be hearing more in the news over the coming days. Take care.
But don’t change your password yet?
Heartbleed is a very, very big deal, and it’s quite rightly scaring the crap out of people. The response here is more complicated than ‘change your passwords’, and that complication is very important.
Heartbleed dumps a portion of the server’s memory out to the attacker. This chunk of memory can contain sensitive information, including your password.
Here’s the kicker: the more recently a vulnerable server has processed your password, the more likely it is to appear in one of these chunks.
And more importantly, if you change your password, you are risking both your old and new passwords.
- Go to filippo.io/Heartbleed. Type in the domain name of the site you want to check (for tumblr, you would enter tumblr.com) and press “Go!”
- If and only if you get a message saying that the site is “not affected”, change your password on that site and any other sites that you use it on. In future, use unique passwords for each site.
- If you get a message saying that the site is vulnerable, do not use that site. Keep checking every so often, and only use the site again when you get the “not affected” response.
Send me an ask if you need help or more information, I’ll do what I can.
::points:: listen to this man. this shit is his job AND his passion.
We’re thrilled to announce a new exchange programme between Brave New Voices and VidCon.
This fund will, through an open application process headed up by George Watsky:
- Send 5-6 Brave New Voices youth (13-24 years old) to VidCon, all-expense paid, where they will perform and sit on a panel about poetry and digital media.
- Send 5-6 VidCon attendees to Brave New Voices where they will lead a workshop on digital media and attend the festival free.
- Bring the two groups of conference ambassadors together for a collaborative poetry video series co-produced and released by SoulPancake.
For more information, head over to the Indiegogo.
Collection of drawings from when I took Advanced Figure Drawing, one for each week 1-9. These are all the longer poses. Apologies for the half-assed processing of the photos. These are all from my phone, so I can’t be bothered to make them pristine. I’ll get around to taking proper photos and posting them somewhere.
I’ll also post the drawings from the final sometime this weekend.